WE ARE HIRING! – VACANCY FOR FINANCE OFFICER
Do you have a diploma or higher in Accounting or Commerce and wish to join a dynamic team that is committed to driving positive change in our country, or know someone who is?
We are now accepting applications for a new finance officer! Help us get the word out.
Finance Officer – Terms of Reference
- Adherence to TIPNG policies and guidelines
- Prepare and develop reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents – online and offline
- Live and breathe the values of TIPNG within and outside of the organisation and throughout all work carried out on behalf of the organisation
- Actively seek Membership for TIPNG amongst stakeholders
- Reviewing requisitions and payments before approval by the CEO
- Managing all payments, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Monitor and reconcile Petty Cash daily
- Reconcile Project Contingency acquittals
- Weekly payment Data Entry on MYOB
- Raise all invoices for TIPNG and follow up on payments
- Monthly reconciliation with Membership & SASWAC
- Monthly Financial Reports:
- Maintaining the ledger and preparing monthly bank reconciliations, profit and loss statements and balance sheet
- Reconciliation and filing of bank statements on a monthly basis with appropriate approval.
- Supervise the procurement process and ensure compliance to prudent financial principles and value for money.
- Preparation of staff Payroll and remittance of statutory returns and ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Annual physical verification of assets
- Recognition of assets in MYOB
- Meeting all TIPNG taxation requirements for IRC and other statutory requirements
- Applying the financial procedures and requirements as set out in the Financial
- Procedures Manual
- Ensuring implementation of sound accounting practice and resource management
- Formulation, review and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to enhance and ensure efficient management of finances
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial and contractual records and a register of fixed
- Preparation of TIPNG Financial Books for the annual audit
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that audits are conducted in a timely manner
- Ensuring that recommendations made by the auditors are implemented
- Preparing regular financial reports to Management, Board and Donors
- Reviewing data captured in MYOB before YTD Preparation. This will involve checking
- accuracy of Trial Balance, statement of Financial position, and statement of income.
- Ensuring National Chapter Financial Information is updated each year
- Managing communication with external agencies and partners regarding finance
- Preparations of timely and accurate donor and management reports, and budget
- proposals that includes being responsive to donor conditions.
- Undertake other office duties as directed including participating in project and other operational work of TIPNG in relation to governance and financial management
Ideals and Abilities:
- Be able to work on non-routine hours as and when required
- Be able to work under pressure & with limited supervision
- Driver’s license would be an advantage
- Is organized, proactive, understands basic accounting,
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma Accounting/Commerce from recognized institution or higher
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- NGO accounting and experience working with donor funds required
- Computer literate with MYOB accounting package experience
- Computer literate with MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Good budgeting skills especially set up and reporting using MYOB and spreadsheets
Closing Date: Friday 26th February 2021
Applications must include:
- Application Letter
- CV no longer than 3 pages
- List of 3 referees with reliable contact details
- 3 most relevant support documents
Applications can be sent to:
Chief Executive Officer
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, National Capital District
Or Delivered to: Transparency International PNG Office, Section 54 Lot 31, Lokua Avenue, Boroko