WE ARE HIRING! – VACANCY FOR SHORT-TERM LEGAL CASE REVIEWER
Do you have a Bachelors Degree in Law, and a passion for helping people affected by the impacts of corruption? Or do you know someone who does? Applications are now open for a Short-Term Legal Case Reviewer. Help us get the word out!
Transparency International (PNG) is a Non-Government organisation which empowers citizens and institutions to act against corruption in PNG. TIPNG promotes transparency, honesty and accountability in public and private dealings. TIPNG is looking for suitable applicants for this short-term role:
ANTI-CORRUPTION HELP DESK – SHORT TERM LEGAL CASE REVIEWER
TIPNG hosts an Anti-Corruption Help Desk (AnCoHD) which works to resolve corruption complaints by providing free legal advice and assistance to people in PNG who are victims and witnesses of corruption.
TIPNG is seeking a suitably-qualified person to work as a Short-term Legal Case Reviewer under the Anti-Corruption Help Desk for 1 year (January – December 2021).
- This is a fixed cost contract with the work to be carried out for two (2) hours on Fridays every week or any other day agreed to by TIPNG from the period commencing on the 4th January 2021 and ending 23rd December 2021.
- At an Hourly rate of K150 for two hours on the selected day
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Legal Case Reviewer shall;
- Provide legal advice for pre-screened clients as per the schedule by the coordinator, with an outline of at least a week of a month.
- Get soft copies or hard copies of files from the agents of the contractee
- Prepare status briefs of cases that require legal advice and interpretation of laws
- Where necessary, contact the client to obtain further information
- Prepare briefs to Pro Bono Lawyers where the files need legal representation
- Draft letters of referrals and or review draft letters from AnCoHD Coordinator of referrals to the Government authorities.
- Advice the agents of the contractee when it is not suitable to be contacted
- Be available to be contacted through telephone, email, Facebook and WhatsApp
- Return completed files at the end of every week
- Inform the agents of the contractee immediately where there is a conflict of interest in any of the files
- Submit soft and hard copies of the respective status reports, letter of referrals or brief to AnCoHD Coordinator
- Keep a record of the telephone calls that is made to all clients
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The Legal Case Reviewer should demonstrate the following:
- Possess a Bachelor of Law (LLB) with an unrestricted practicing certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a legal officer or a practicing lawyer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- A keenness to be a team player with multi-tasking ability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and other related issues
- An understanding of the work of TIPNG and civil society in Papua New Guinea
- Skilled in handling clients with professionalism and sensitivity
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Intuitive problem solver with excellent organization skills and ability to achieve results
Applications must include three (3) referees with reliable telephone numbers and/or email address. Send applications to;
The Chief Executive Officer
Transparency International PNG Inc
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be hand delivered at the TIPNG office at Lokua Avenue, Sec 54, Lot 31 or emailed to email@example.com
For More information, call us on Tel: 3237517 or 3234917
Application close on the 19th March, 2021 at 5:00pm.