WE ARE NOW HIRING!
RECRUITMENT: PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – BUILDING ELECTIONS INTEGRITY THROUGH PARTNERSHIP
Transparency International PNG (TIPNG) is a non-government organization dedicated to fighting corruption in PNG and promoting transparency, honesty and accountability in public and private dealings. TIPNG is looking for suitable applicants to fill the following position:
Project Administrator – Building Elections Integrity through Partnership (BEIP)
Duration: June 2021 – 31 Dec 2022
Reporting to: Project Lead – Building Elections Integrity through Partnership
As part of its strategy to strengthen democracy in the country, TIPNG will conduct a series of activities to coincide with the conduct of the 2022 National General Election. TIPNG will work with its partners to ensure the integrity of the democratic process is followed in making elections are free, fair and safe. Although this challenging position is only for nineteen (19) months, it offers the position holder the chance to work at the forefront of public advocacy on a national scale.
- Adherence to TIPNG policies and guidelines
- Prepare and develop reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents – online and offline
- Live and breathe the values of TIPNG within and outside of the organisation and throughout all work carried out on behalf of the organisation
- Actively seek Membership for TIPNG among stakeholders
- Keep minutes of all stakeholder meetings held for the project
- Organise events and meetings to ensure the Project work plan is active and progressing
- File soft and hard copy of project records including correspondences, finance, publication;
- Assist with scheduling of meetings, outreach activities and making contact with relevant institutions and persons;
- Work closely with the Project Lead to organize logistics for outreach and awareness activities, including meetings, forums, workshops, project site trips and stakeholder hosted events;
- Work closely with the Project Lead, with keeping financial records of the project
- Set up the logistics for air and road travel, and accommodation when required
- Maintain a database of BEIP stakeholders and partners
- Work closely with the project lead to prepare operational reports/ final reports to partners and donors
- Provide input on project implementation for internal project reviews
- Contribute to project development, implementation, research and report writing, visibility actions and monitoring and evaluation of relevant project activities;
- Work closely with the Project Consultant for the Election Observation Report
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned to you from time to time in relation to the BEIP project.
- Work closely with the Project Lead to organise and deliver on the four (4) main components, as prescribed in the project grant agreement:
- Engagement with the Electoral Management Body
- Civic Awareness
- Domestic Election Observation
- Post-Election Analysis
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, management and/or related fields
- Preferably 1-2 years minimum experience, but not essential
- Must have knowledge of PNG electoral process
- Excellent English language report writing skills
- Competency in using MS Office programs
- Able to multitask and engage with stakeholders
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work well under pressure of competing deadlines.
- Have concern and interest in anti-corruption and democracy issues.
- Preferably a driver’s license but not necessary
Applications must include 3 referees with reliable telephone number and/or email address. Send applications to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the TIPNG office: Sec 54, Lot 31, Lokua Avenue, Boroko
For more information, call Tel: 3234917/7517
Applications close on: Friday 11th June 2021