Home » Newsroom » TIPNG is seeking an Elections Observation Coordinator
TIPNG is seeking an Elections Observation Coordinator
Date Posted: 24.01.2017
TIPNG is seeking an Elections Observation Coordinator.
As part of its strategy to strengthen democracy in the country, TIPNG will be participating in the national elections through a series of activities. TIPNG will work with its partners to ensure the integrity of the democratic process is followed in making elections free and fair.
Although this challenging position is only for ten (10) months, it offers the position holder the chance to work at the forefront of public advocacy on a national scale.
• Manage project funds and reporting while implementing the project
• Set up the logistics and coordinate the voter observation training and the overall project
• Liaise with the Communications Officer to organize mass media events and activities
• Prepare a final narrative report to the donor on the project activities
• Travel within PNG as part of work requirements
• Other duties as directed by the Executive Director
Qualification, Experience and Skills
• Ideally a bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, management and/or related fields
• Must have knowledge of PNG electoral process
• At least two years of successful development sector project experience with proven ability to manage and acquit project budgets
• Excellent English language report writing skills
• Competency in using MS Office programs and be web savvy
• Able to multitask and engage with stakeholders
• A highly motivated self starter who can work well under pressure of competing deadlines.
• Have concern and interest in anti-corruption and democracy issues.
• Preferably a driver’s license but not necessary
Applications must include 3 referees with reliable telephone number and/or email address.
Send applications to:
The Executive Director
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be dropped off at the TIPNG office: 2nd Floor, IPA House, fax: 320 2189 or emailed to: transparencypng@outlook,com
For more information, call Tel: 320 2182 or 320 2182 or 71924250
Applications close on Monday 6th February 2017
‹ back to Newsroom