2019 Sir Anthony Siaguru Walk Against Corruption
The 2019 Sir Anthony Siaguru Walk Against Corruption will be held in Port Moresby on Sunday 9th June 2019, with the theme "Justice = Enforcement + Reporting".
For more information contact 323 4917/323 7517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Raise funds to support the operations of TIPNG;
• Raise greater awareness about corruption among institutions and corporate sector;
• Provide a peaceful avenue for citizens to express their opposition to corruption.
In January 2017, TIPNG was able to purchase an office property from the funds we raised at the SASWAC. After 11 years of the walk, we raised just over 2 million to take our first big step to ensuring our sustainability. But we need to continue to raise funds to support our activities.
What happens at the Walk?
During the walk, teams assemble at the selected venue and walk a route that is about 3 kilometres long. Teams come dressed in uniforms and have creative banners with anti-corruption messages. Prizes are given out for the best-dressed teams and best anti-corruption messages.
How can your organization,school or family participate in the Walk Against Corruption?
You can fill in the walk against corruption registration form and be issued an invoice with the registration fee for your category.
Teams are charged the following registration fees:
• Corporate teams (including government departments)—K2000 per team of 12 people
• Civil society teams (including churches)—K200 per team of 10 people
• School teams—K200 per team of 12 people (10 students and 2 teachers)
• Family teams - K100 per team of 10 people
Why pay to participate?
As a non-government organisation, TIPNG is heavily reliant on donor funds to carry out many of its activities. We would like to be sustainable therefore we fundraise to sustain our operations.
Do other provinces/towns have Walks too?
Yes! Walks have been held simultaneously in Kokopo, Kimbe, Madang, Lihir, Kavieng and Alotau. This year, Goroka and Lae will be be participating. These centres have their own volunteer organising committees which coordinate the event from start to finish.
TIPNG provides a Walk Against Corruption manual and runs workshop with the committee members to help them organize and coordinate the Walk in their area.
Online bookings are not available for this event.