Vacancy – PAIS Project assistant
Transparency International PNG (TIPNG) is a non-government organization dedicated to fighting corruption in PNG and promoting transparency, honesty and accountability in public and private dealings.
TIPNG is an equal opportunity employer who promotes respect in the work place. We take pride in also offering the following:
- A fun & exciting work environment with the opportunity to contribute to positive societal change
- Training & development for our employees
- Exposure to local, regional & international networks
- A competitive salary to attract the right person
- Access to supportive coaches and mentors
We are embarking on a new and exciting project to systematically strengthen the integrity of national institutions through research, partnership and advocacy for better anti-corruption strategies.
TIPNG is looking for suitable applicants to fill this new and exciting position of PROJECT ASSISTANT – PROMOTING ACCOUNTABILITY & INTEGRITY STRATEGIES (PAIS).
The Project Assistant will work with the PAIS Team to implement a 2 year project.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager – PAIS, the individual will:
- Keep minutes of all stakeholder meetings held for the project
- Organize events and meetings to ensure the Project work plan is active and progressing
- File soft and hard copy of project records including correspondences, finance, publication;
- Assist with scheduling of meetings, outreach activities and making contact with relevant institutions and persons;
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to organize logistics for outreach and awareness activities, including meetings, forums, workshops, project site trips and stakeholder hosted events;
- Assist the project Finance Officer with keeping financial records of the project
- Assist with the setting up of the logistics for air and road travel, and accommodation when required
- Maintain a database of PAIS stakeholders and partners
- Assist in the preparation of operational reports/ final reports to partners and donors;
- Provide input on project implementation for internal project reviews
- Contribute to project development, implementation, research and report writing, visibility actions and monitoring and evaluation of relevant project activities;
- Assist the Project Consultant for the NIS Assessment
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned to you from time to time in relation to the PAIS project.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- University Diploma/Degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years work experience in an NGO environment would be desirable however applicants with other sector experiences are encouraged to apply
- Experience in project financial management
- Experience in organizing workshops/conferences
- Knowledge of primary and secondary research methods
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Able to work and interact in a dynamic team environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter and works well under pressure of competing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English
- Excellent communication/report writing and presentation skills in a clear and compelling manner
- Driver’s license would be an advantage
- Have concerns and interest in anti-corruption issues
Applications must include 3 referees with reliable telephone number and/or email address. Send applications addressed to:
The Executive Director
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 15th May 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.