WE ARE NOW HIRING!
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Transparency International PNG (TIPNG) is a non-government organization dedicated to fighting corruption in PNG and promoting transparency, honesty and accountability in public and private dealings.
TIPNG is an equal opportunity employer who promotes respect in the work place. We take pride in also offering the following:
- A fun & exciting work environment with the opportunity to contribute to positive societal change
- Training & development for our employees
- Exposure to local, regional & international networks
- A competitive salary to attract the right person
- Access to supportive coaches and mentors
We are looking for suitable applicants to fill this new and exciting position as DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER.
The newly created Digital Communications Officer reports to the Deputy Director – Communications to build recognition of TIPNG’s work and values and harness wider support from anti-corruption champions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a savvy digital storyteller to design and execute creative strategies to advance TIPNG’s brand. The Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for managing and analyzing the effectiveness of media campaigns and TIPNG’s digital presence.
- Ensure adherence to TIPNG policies and guidelines
- Prepare and develop reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents – online and offline
- Actively seek Membership for TIPNG amongst stakeholders
- Live and breathe the values of TIPNG within and outside of the organization and throughout all work carried out on behalf of the organization
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Oversee TIPNG’s digital presence
- Manage the TIPNG Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
- Work with the Communications & Marketing Lead to identify and plan digital communications priorities
- Create digital content for TIPNG’s digital platforms
- Develop editorial calendar organizing campaign messaging for multiple communication channels, including online and print.
- Monitoring the company’s brand on social media.
- Administer TIPNG’s online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
- Responding to comments on each platform
- Oversee the Social Media Policy/Guide
- Track and analyze results using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other sources, to produce regular reports and make adjustments based on data collected.
- Oversee TIPNG’s web presence.
- Manage organizational website using content management
- Ensure website structure, layout, navigation, images, graphics, and functionality to maximize user experience and meet communications goals
- Manage TIPNG’s School Based Civic Education portal on the TIPNG website
- Review and update website, in close consultation with Deputy Director – Communications and Communications & Marketing Lead
- Multimedia and Design
- Work closely with the Communications & Marketing Lead to develop multimedia content
- Develop video storyboards and produce video content
- Ensure Videos are captured at all TIPNG activities and events
- Develop audio products when required
- Write and edit engaging digital content, such as e-newsletters, web content, and social media posts.
- Assist with the development of content, promotion and distribution of special projects, such as the annual report.
- Design social media cards, infographics, animations, and other visuals to enhance communications efforts.
- Collect content and design layout of TIPNG’s bi-monthly membership update and other project updates.
- Take photos when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Media or relevant field
- Relevant professional work experience in multi-media journalism, digital strategy and marketing, communications, or equivalent experience and training
- Experience and strong understanding of multiple digital and social media platforms and content management systems, video production and editing and developing and optimizing digital content.
- Project planning experience including content planning and scheduling software, data analysis, monitoring and reporting skills.
- Strong writing, editing and oral presentation skills with attention to detail and the ability to proactively prepare engaging content on complex issues that resonates with audiences.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity or other media editing software
- Analytics, visual storytelling, WordPress, Hootsuite, all the major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) as well as a working knowledge of grammar and style
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems
- Excellent analytical, writing, editing, communication and project management skills
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work with a not-for-profit organization
- Espouse in the values of TIPNG.
APPLICATION CLOSE: Monday 21 June 2021.
Applications must include:
- A CV no longer than 3 pages, include hyperlinks to digital products or digital portfolio
- A Letter of Application
- 3 most relevant certificates
- A list of 3 referees with reliable telephone number and/or email address.
Email applications to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Chief Executive Officer
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be dropped off at the TIPNG office: Section 54, Lot 31, Lokua Avenue, Boroko