Position Vacant: Communications Officer
The Communications Officer will work with the External Engagement team to ensure communication and engagement with external stakeholders.
Under the direct supervision of the External Engagement Manager, the individual will:
- Work with External Engagement Team to develop, implement and review an overall Annual Strategic Communications Plan that aligns with the Business plan and organizational strategic objectives;
- Produce the Quarterly Newsletter on time;
- Identify issues, especially from the media, on which TIPNG should comment on;
- Draft press releases, letters to the editors of newspapers, etc. and submit to External Engagement Manager for approval;
- Work with External Engagement team to plan and implement media and/or public awareness campaigns;
- Produce publicity and educational materials in simple English, Tok Pisin and Motu;
- Maintain and update the TIPNG website and social media platforms (Facebook & Twitter);
- Multimedia and design;
- Assist External Engagement team in managing and coordinating community and fundraising events, and deliver presentations when required.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- A qualification in Media relations, journalism;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in designing and executing communication activities;
- Ability to work in a team and to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment ;
- Very good mastering of English;
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform via written, oral, and visual media;
- Experience with communication/ creative agencies/ vendors will be added advantage;
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail;
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions;
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks;
- Experience of working with local NGOs, private sector and government bodies would be an advantage.
Applications must include 3 referees with reliable telephone number and/or email address. Send applications to:
The Executive Director
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be dropped off at the TIPNG office – Section 31 Lot 54 Lokua Avenue Boroko
Email to: email@example.com
For more information, call Tel: 323 7517
Applications close on Monday 4th June 2018