Coordinator for Corruption Complaints Desk & Part time Legal Consultant
TIPNG is calling for suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Coordinator and a part-time Legal Consultant.
The Advocacy & Legal Advice Center (ALAC) is a community service that TIPNG provides to the general public. The two essential services offered by the ALAC are:
- Free legal assistance;
- Free applicable information to complainants to assist them with their case.
COORDINATOR – CORRUPTION COMPLAINTS DESK
TIPNG is looking for a vibrant and energetic individual to coordinate the operations of its corruption complaints desk – the Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre.
The person we are looking for must:
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the Papua New Guinean Law & Justice sector
- Have a tertiary-level qualification in Political Science, Public Policy Management, Communications or similar preferred
- Have at least 3 years of successful project management and financial skills in either private or NGO sector
- Have excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Be an upbeat team player with multitasking ability
- Experience in dealing with concerns of individuals/ groups in meeting and/ or consultation situations.
The duties of the Coordinator include:
- Manage all aspects of the ALAC program
- Manage communications and relationships with key national & international partners and stakeholders to develop strategic links, enhance ALAC advocacy and funding opportunities, foster support for the ALAC and promote the TIPNG’s approach to combating corruption in all sectors.
PART-TIME LEGAL CONSULTANT
TIPNG requires a practicing lawyer to work as a Legal Consultant with its corruption complaints desk – the Advocacy & Legal Advice Centre.
Scope of Work
The contractor shall:
- Provide legal advice and assistance to ALAC clients
- Be available twice a month to carry out duties
- Provide monthly briefs to TIPNG
Applications must include 3 referees with reliable telephone number and/or email address.
Post or email applications to:
The Executive Director
Transparency International PNG Inc.
P O Box 591, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can be delivered to the TIPNG office at Lokua Avenue, Boroko, Sec 54, Lot 31.
Applications close on 19 October 2018 at 4:00pm